Monday, December 8, 2008

Final Fibonacci project

Here is the final version (.swf) of my Fibonacci numbers math lesson for 4th/5th graders.

It took way longer than I thought it would. Synchronizing audio and actions was the most time-intensive part. I'm learning now that I could have done it better (and more quickly) other ways, but it was too late for this project.

If you want, you can download the .html file (zipped) as well. I am unable to post the .fla version of the project because even zipped it exceeds maximum size limits on my google site.

*********

Audience: 4th and 5th grade students

Objectives: Students will learn how to:
  • Tell a friend a little about who Fibonacci was
  • Calculate the Fibonacci series
  • Describe what the Golden ratio is
  • Describe what the Golden spiral is
  • Find the Fibonacci series, Golden ratio and Golden spiral in the world

Program design: Linear, self-paced learning module. Navigation is straightforward. Minimal need for instructions or teacher assistance.

No comments: