Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Exploring Math Online

As my daughters face frustrations at school with learning math, I find myself looking around online for information, strategies, tools and games to help them gain math skills and confidence while retaining their joy and interest in math.

I want them to explore mathematical ideas and concepts, but they also need to practice math facts and gain comfort and fluency in using them.

For my class at UW on eLearning, I have created this blog to post my reflections on readings, my assignments, and my project (teaching Fibonacci numbers to 4th and 5th graders at my daughters' school).

I will also post other resources for exploring math online for those who are interested.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wouldn't it be fabulous
to explore the inner
workings of your brain
cells in Seventh-Heaven???
Check-this-out...

Yes, earthling, Im an NDE
so I actually know God exists:
He rewards those who HONOR n RESPECT
Him and strive to follow His Laws;
for those who wanna know what
Seventh-Heaven holds for your
indelible, magnificent soul whom
God has so carefully crafted
(and if you're not too concerned
with WWIII and N. Korea,
you better follow us):

Find-out what RCIA means and join.
trustNjesus.
ALWAYS.
God bless your indelible soul.

PS denying Hell will not prevent
U.S. from falling INTO Hellfire:

Jesus is the Just Judge;
He only 'reads' what OUR past,
mortal lifetime consisted of.
so... I'd strongly urge you to read
'Lui et moi' by Gabrielle Bossis
(a French writer, translated, into
crystal-clear-1000W-GE-prose;
a must have for anyone who wannsta
grow UP in our predestined
relationship determined by YOU).

Make Your Choice -SAW